If you agree to the terms and conditions stated below, press the "Agree" button. Otherwise, press "Cancel".
The PINs online community is a service of the PINs website which includes discussion forums, resource sharing, messaging and information sharing.
In order to use the PINs online community, users are required to provide a username, password and email address. You may update your user details in My Profile at any time. Neither the Administrators of this service, nor the Moderators participating, are responsible for the privacy practices of any user. Remember that all information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to share any of your personal information.
- Any user who finds material posted by another user objectionable is encouraged to contact us at PINs@triec.ca.
- By accepting this agreement, we are authorized by you to remove or modify any data submitted by you to the PINs online community for any reason we feel constitutes a violation of our policies, whether stated or not.
- This site may contain links to other web sites and files. We have no control over the content in these links and cannot ensure it will not be offensive or objectionable. We will, however, remove links to material that we feel is inappropriate as we become aware of them. Such links include web sites that exist to sell services or products related to immigration.
- Cookies must be turned on in your browser to participate as a user of these features. Cookies are used here to hold your username and password and viewing options, allowing you to login. They do not collect any other information.
- Messages in the Discussion forums are moderated. This means that your questions or messages will be reviewed by a moderator and may be removed at any time if considered to be inappropriate.
- The terms of this user agreement are subject to change. Please check back regularly by visiting the user agreement page.
Discussion, The Exchange, Messages and Resource Library - General Rules
- All activities are transparent. Content posted to any part of the site will automatically have the user ID and date of posting affixed. Activities that cause congestion or disruption of the system are not permitted. Such activities include posting large multimedia or software files, and spreading computer viruses.
- Personal information about other users should not be posted without their prior approval.
- Copyrighted material may only be posted with prior consent of the owner. Users who post material from another source must credit that source.
- Do not post content that is obscene, otherwise objectionable, is for the purposes of promoting any commercial interest or for any illegal purposes.
- Do not 'spam', transmit unauthorized solicitations or transmit content that infringes any third party's intellectual property rights.
- Posting an advertisement may result in the termination of the offender's account and posting privileges.
- Although all posts are moderated, repeated attempts by a user to post incorrect, inaccurate or misleading information may result in the termination of the user's account and posting privileges.
- TRIEC retains the right at sole discretion to terminate a user's posting privileges or PINs website account. Reasons for termination may include, but are not limited to, violation of this user agreement, harassment of TRIEC staff or other users, or the general disruption of the online community.
- All decisions regarding any of the rules above, interpretation of violations of this user agreement, and the termination of a user's account or posting privileges are at the sole discretion of TRIEC staff.
Online Community - General Guidelines
- We appreciate feedback on the usefulness of particular features and encourage input on what we can do to improve the user experience of these elements. For feedback, contact us at PINs@triec.ca.
Discussion, The Exchange, Messages and Resource Library - Posting Etiquette
- Always act in a professional and courteous manner. Avoid gossip about others. Don't use objectionable language. Be patient with new users.
- Stay on topic. Discussion groups have specific subject areas. Suggest new discussion groups if you feel that an important topic does not fit into any existing discussion group.
- Learn and abide by the rules and etiquette of those groups. Rules and etiquette may vary among discussion groups. Users should be sensitive to different group dynamics.
- "Lurking" is OK. Before becoming an active participant, take some time to observe the conventions and particular interests of the group.
- Always identify yourself within messages.
- Generally limit messages to one subject. Provide a clear indication of the topic of your message in the subject line.
- Be brief and to the point whenever possible. Do not post long documents to discussion groups. If you are quoting from a website, it is better to quote only a small part of the information and provide the website link for others to read more. Also consider posting documents to the Resource Library.
- Preview and read your messages before posting them. Each reader will interpret your message according to their point of view.
- DON'T SHOUT. Using all capital letters in electronic communication translates as loud and perhaps aggressive.
- Remember people can't see or hear you. Humour, for example, does not always translate well in electronic communications. Use visual cues such as smilies :-) or emotes.
Communication with Moderators, Administrators and Other Staff
- All communication with the moderators, administrators and other staff of TRIEC will be conducted by email or through the discussion forum.
- If you are not satisfied with how something has been dealt with, first contact the discussion area moderator, using the email and messaging functionality of the online community.
- If you are still not satisfied, contact us at PINs@triec.ca.
- Please provide your grievance/complaint in writing, via email.
If you do agree with the rules and policies stated in this agreement, and meet the criteria stated herein, proceed to press the "Agree" button below, otherwise press "Cancel".